Use PIM to become more competitive
10 tips for being prepared
Good product descriptions are key, but naturally there are also other areas where good preparation is important in order to ensure success against the tough competition that you especially face over the big shopping days.
Getting started on the preparations well in advance is a must – obviously because preparation takes time, but also because many consumers use the lead-up to Black Friday, Singles Day and Cyber Monday to research where they can find the products they want and where they can expect the best offers.
Your preparation should at least cover the following points:
1. Identify and limit your ’single points of failure’. If your e-commerce solution can only offer one payment method for example, you need a backup plan in case of technical problems or shutdown of this method.
2. Use last year’s data to learn more about your customers’ behaviour and wishes.
3. Make decisions about goals, budgets and schedules.
4. Create a landing page that relates to each of the shopping days.
5. Build up customers’ expectations by sending out emails and advertising the good offers well in advance of the day itself.
6. Make use of existing data and analyses to project the number of visitors you can expect for your online shop. Conduct a stress-test based on these figures to ensure that the site can live up to the increased amount of traffic.
Read more news